Thursday, December 21, 2006

Merry Hannuksolsticemas

I live in a free, gorgeous, tolerant, multicultural country. I have an excellent variety of friends, acquaintances, and readers of this little blah-blah-blahg. More than fifty percent of my family is in the Caribbean or in other parts of Canada this Christmas, which vastly simplifies my holiday plans. And I'm finishing up my last work project before the holidays. I am truly blessed.

I want to wish everyone a Merry Thingy, whatever your creed. Today's the shortest day of the year, which also means the longest night, which is a good thing cuz I have some serious sleep to catch up on. But you enjoy, light some candles, have a little drinkie and celebrate the fact that the sun will, as the orphan-girl said, come out again tomorrow.

Best wishes--see you post-Thingy.

--Whyioughtta

6 Comments:

Blogger Moose said...

Merry Chrismakwaanzica!

6:42 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Lovely well-wishes - thank you my dear :-) And many more to you. Yes, winter solstice is here. Thanks also so much for the great link on Newfoundland! I love it, and have put it on my list of have-to-see places!

6:59 PM  
Blogger jackp said...

the elusive Peter...that's funny!

gotta watch the sens

9:15 PM  
Blogger Joey B said...

"Free country?" The last time I was in Canada, I had to pay.

There's no guarantee that the some will come out, tomorrow.

9:23 PM  
Blogger whyioughtta said...

Yes, but we charge in Canadian dollars, so it's basically free...

4:58 PM  
Blogger Molecular Turtle said...

I hope you have a great holiday season and a happy new year. Make sure that you try to relax and have some fun.

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home