Tuesday, October 10, 2006

So much for my endless hours of Daily Show reruns...

Sorry I've been AWOL lately...my phone was down, my internet was down. And it's all down to B-E-L-L, a company I am quickly growing to H-A-T-E.

But I foregress...What I really wanted to talk about was the big news for the two kids who founded YouTube: Google liked it so much they bought the company. For 1.65 B-I-L-L-I-O-N dollars.

$1,650,000,000.00.

Would you like to deposit that in your chequing account, or savings?

That's. That's. That's ...an unfigureoutable amount of money.

I'm happy for them; by all accounts they'd never have gotten laid otherwise. (But really, who needs sex when you have YouTube?). But I'm worrified. Will my endless supply of 80s-era Madonna t.v. appearances and Daily Show re-runs be cut off? Worse, will I have to pay to play? God damn the capitalists. Damn them all to Murgetroid.

Read about it here, if you dare.

As a side note, the NYTimes is raising the image/spectre of the 'dot-com boom,' saying this whole transaction is distinctly late 90s-ish. That's a scarifying thought, if one recalls what happened with the dot-com boom (hint: it sounded like 'BOOM! You have no more money!') Gross exaggeration or prescient insight? I guess we'll have to wait and see....

6 Comments:

Blogger whyioughtta said...

self-cleaning houses?

clothing that walks to the laundry and washes itself?

shoes with removable heels that you can wear as flats and heels? (wait...that one's kind of good...)

houses that power themselves through their own waste byproducts (i.e. unused food from the netherworld that is the bottom drawer of the fridge, human/ animal... er... leavings, etc.)?

who's in?

3:23 PM  
Blogger Jar said...

Hmmm... Foregress? Digress? Congress? Drew Gress?

G.

4:54 PM  
Blogger angrycandy said...

i like the house idea...and we are moving that way anyway (soon our entire house will be a big computer that will basically work like an organism - that's the way computer tech thinking seems to be going - work like an organism but waaaayyy faster and smarter - in some ways...our bodies are in some ways waaaayyy smarter than computers, that is if we don't mess 'em up too much...oh, i'm babbling again...)anyway, then we'd basically become parasites living in/off of our houses! cool! our houses could feed us and warm us and shelter us and mow their own bloody lawns, or rather, grow their own grass at a rate which never needs mowing...and grow their own gardens and stuff which we would pick from a drop list of available gardens which come with the house (along with available interior designs which you could download, oh, monthly or so)and you could pick your parasites you'd be co-habiting with (i.e. dogs, cats and husbands) and switch those up too once they got tireseome! oooo...the possibilities!

11:31 AM  
Blogger angrycandy said...

although, your house could malfunction and decide to eat you...

11:33 AM  
Blogger Molecular Turtle said...

I'm with you on bell. That company is so terrible in terms of service.

4:00 PM  
Blogger jackp said...

uhhhh husbands...parasites...

excuse me???!!

hehe

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home