Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Dead Story Walking

Okay, so I had this idea the other day.

What if I were to write a short story, post it online, and then try to change only one word a day until all the words were changed and I had a whole new story?

Could it be done?

Could I keep the writing coherent through all the changes?

At what point in the process would my original story die and the new one come to life?

So I've decided to give it a try.

There are ground rules and stuff--you can read it after the jump. So far so good: I'm at Day 2 and it's still making sense.

Maybe the experiment will just result in a very long game of 'telephone' and a piece of barely comprehesible writing. Or maybe it will turn out something cool. We'll have to wait and see.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sweary said...

Very interesting, dawg. I'll be keeping an eye on that one. My other eye's on the pumpkins though, know what I mean? :(

6:01 AM  
Blogger whyioughtta said...

Have you seen this?

Pretty cool; pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIXLqbYK1yk&mode=related&search=

2:33 PM  
Blogger whyioughtta said...

ACH! STOOPID BLOGGER!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
iIXLqbYK1yk&mode=related&search=

(You'll have to take out the line break now...)

2:34 PM  
Blogger Molecular Turtle said...

That's an interesting Idea. I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Sweary said...

You know I love the Homme but Jack Black scares the living shit out of me.

Although he's not half fit for a fat bastard. Look at him go!

7:28 AM  
Blogger whyioughtta said...

I love when he does that move where he jumps from side to side with his hands in the air--kinda like a marionette. Laughed until wine flew from betwixt my nostrils on that one.

(Sorry.)

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home