Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Snippets

Came across one of these in the woods the other day. I leashed Chico right away and we gave the wolf a nice wide berth, but he (or she?) didn't do much but sit there and watch us, all elegant and wizened. Although I was a little nervous ("wolves travel in packs...where are the other ones?...why does he keep looking up into the woods like that?"), it was mostly a touching-my-own-animal-nature, by which I mean a pumping-adrenaline-through-my-system-like-a-hunted-jackrabbit, kind of experience.

Other than the wolf run-in, and of course that hideous intruder: work, I've been focused on music and shows and promotions and haven't got much time to blog. But I'll be back soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger kim. said...

I guess that's the kind of thing you have to expect when you live in the boonies. I wouldn't worry - you have good 'ol Chico to protect you!

9:47 PM  
Blogger whyioughtta said...

Ann-mail: Believe me, I asked myself the same question. One wolf isn't so bad, but if there had been a pack...I dunno, I guess I would have tried to climb a tree with Chico on my shoulders!

Kim: Not so much a protector, is my Chico. More of a lover than a fighter...I don't think he realizes he's a big dog.

10:59 AM  
Blogger kim. said...

With those ears...any animal he comes into contact with is probably laughing at him. :) He's so damn cute!

5:47 PM  
Blogger jackp said...

chico is becoming a 'jealous' dog ....with other dogs.

but a wolf....dunno, probably clean his clock.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home