Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Nice staircase, but for God's sake seal the attic

Watched Matthew McConaughey on Oprah today. He's kind of a dink, a little--no? Like, weirdly intense for no apparent reason. And not at ALL full of himself. No, I'm sure NONE of this 'Sexiest Man Alive' stuff has gone to his head. At all. I saw no signs of THAT.

It was the first time since the TCI (Tom Cruise Incident) that I felt blushy and uncomfortable watching the show. McConaughey applauded his own movie clip. He listed 'child of God' and 'mammal' as his primary self-descriptors. He confessed to not wearing deodorant. Because 'the women in his life and his mom' have apparently been telling him since he was 14 that his natural manly muskiness is like the nectar of the gods. He says he makes his own body lotion with vaseline and mint, or something. Yeah, sure Mr. McCannabis. Mint.

The audience clapped for every second sentence. I felt embarassed for them. Then I got embarassed for him, and for Oprah, when they started randomly chanting 'somebody don't think so...SOME body KNOW so.' It went on longer than that scene in the Simpsons where Homer keeps stepping on the rakes. Doh.

Eventually I had to hit the mute button and just look. Cause I have no issues with the looking. Then I thought, 'maybe he's all stoned, and he smoked Oprah up before the show.' Yeah, that would explain it.

2 Comments:

Blogger jackp said...

yeah...just imagine tom and matthew on an island alone...intense...i mean how long would they last as each other only audience?

4:04 PM  
Blogger whyioughtta said...

Yep, it's still used by me, your uncle, and Mike Myers on occasion. Especially in his Wayne's World days...

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home