Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Intestinal bloggage

I recently decided to try a new budget strategy. I'm going to use all of the ingredients in my kitchen--including the rice paper wraps I bought six years ago--before buying any more food. Because I tend to be an intuitive grocery shopper. Which results in me buying twelve pineapples, a bag of starfruit, and a rutabaga...Which leads to wasteage. (I think the next great bio-fuel is being birthed in the ethanolic sludge in the bottom of my vegetable bin.)

So, that's the plan. The problem is how to feed myself and my husband in the interim. For lunch today, I had the last eight saltines, and a 'salad' of tuna and kidney beans with mayonaise. I'll probably die in my sleep tonight, so if you don't see any new posts for a while, expect the worst.

My dinner options are somewhat more limited: I'm thinking...half bottle of Sauvignon Blanc and stale Krispy Kreme doughnut. But then again, there is always the rutabaga.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home