Saturday, February 04, 2006

Dear God, please stay my hand


You know how on the home reno shows they have those nice before and after shots, where the 'before' room is a complete shite-hole that you wouldn't let your dog piss in, and in the 'after' it's magically transformed into a room fit for the Crown Prince of Arabia? Well, I bet if they showed the 'before' and 'after' of the couple doing the renovations , it would be a verrrrry different shot. Like, in the before shot they'd be all happy and smiling and having a picnic. And the after shots would be mugshots. As in 'post-attempted-murder.'

We're renovating our bathroom. So far, I've repainted and we've installed a new light fixture. Twice has this pushed the hands of the doomsday clock to somewhere around 3 seconds before midnight. My throat is raw, and I think I'll have to have my jaw surgically unclenched.

It's not so much the work...it's the fact that Mr. W says things like, "No. We're not going to do what you just said. We're going to do what you just said as paraphrased by me. Because we both know that only I can be right."

Oh. my. god. I just heard him mumble 'Alright let's drill some goddam holes here, people.' I have to go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home