Thursday, August 10, 2006

Is nothing sacred?

Sighhhhhhhhhh...

I started writing about this vicious attack against Muslims I heard on our local right-wing radio call-in show this morning...you know, in the wake of the London airplane plot. And trust me, I made some brilliant...brill-y-ant...points about tolerance and understanding and the values fundamental to this pluralistic nirvana we call Canada.

But it was all getting too heavy, so I deleted it and went to my happy place: NYT Thursday Styles.

Where I read this.

My happy place let me down. As they say: where's our world going and what's with this handbasket?

3 Comments:

Blogger Ann-imal said...

Okay, I tried to read that hyperlinked article, got half-way through and then had to stop. As if! As if being a teenager these days isn't hard enough... They have to concentrate on "taffeta and tiaras" to be accepted by their peers? Barf...

BUT back to what has happened today in England. It does NOT make me feel good about going to Mexico (city and Ixtapa) this September... As if the threats of hurricanes and car jackings weren't enough. Help?!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Gizzy said...

Ack! Soul-sucking registration required to RTFA referred to in the link!

G.

11:08 AM  
Blogger whyioughtta said...

yeah...sorry bout that. but i registered, and i still have my soul (i think). if not, well--all i can say is the information that fuels our collective sarcasm comes at a cost, you know...

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home