Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I Heart Land of Talk

Love, love, love this band from Montreal. My husband, who is probably the best prospecteur of not-yet-well-known music I know, and who has the best ear, and whose poseur-bullshit-filter is fully tweaked, found them on MySpace or something.

He picked up their disc, and I'm freaking out. The songwriting is rock-solid, the music rocks. I mean, it has melody--oh how I love melody--oh how I miss melody. And lead singer Elizabeth Powell sounds like the love child of Edie Brickell and Chrissie Hynde. In fact, there's definitely a punk-meets-Pretenders feel to this awesome band. In case you missed the header, they're called Land of Talk. The album's called Applause Cheer Boo Hiss. You can listen to them here.

2 Comments:

Blogger jackp said...

for those interested...

the 'husband and wife' can be found here: http://www.myspace.com/jrpmusic

6:37 PM  
Blogger jackp said...

and you can hear them more from here"
http://www.myspace.com/landoftalkmtl

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home