Friday, May 04, 2007

New! Nature tally feature

When you have nothing new to say, just haul out a new blog feature. Today I'm introducing my Nature Tally feature, over there on the right, wherein I'll faithfully report to you all of the cool wildlife I've seen on that day's walk in the woods with Chico, my canine boy-child.

I like counting things. It's just a thing I do...counting...seconds, minutes, pairs of shoes, animals, blades of grass, birch trees, street lamps...Okay maybe it's more of a sickness.

What'll be interesting about the nature tally is that I don't see nearly as many animals in summer as in fall/winter, so...Okay, maybe that's not that interesting.

Anyhow, hopefully the otter family will move back in at the quarry down the road. They're always good for a laugh and they'll boost my tally numbers.

Have a great weekend.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Manuel said...

Whilst it is probably inappropriate I could provide recipes for whatever you spot. You name it, i'll cook it! Somehing to think about...

7:54 PM  
Blogger whyioughtta said...

ROTFLOL, Manuel. He he he heh.

We have wild turkeys around here that actually make me salivate a little when I see them...they look so plump and juicy...mmmmmm...love watchin dinner walk by....

2:42 PM  
Blogger Fat Sparrow said...

People with wildlife.... I envy you.

Our wildlife here consists of flies, fleas, stray dogs and cats (usually presented as roadkill), mockingbirds, and the catfish in the tank at the Mexi Mart. We make sure to stop by every time we shop, so the Nestling Sparrow can see them. We can't afford an aquarium, or even a trip to one, so this is the ghetto substitute. Oh, and sparrows, lots of sparrows.

Sometimes we get crows, possums, starlings, sparrowhawks and red-tail hawks, and hummingbirds.

Did I mention that I envy you?

5:21 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

I do love goslings. Not cooked though - LOL!

Looking forward to your photos.

1:28 PM  
Blogger whyioughtta said...

FS: Pauvre petite. I have something in the works for you...stay tuned.

(Also...possums? Really? COOL.)

TS: As I said to FS, stay tuned... :^)

3:22 PM  
Blogger DeepBlueSea said...

No beavers yet?

which reminds me of a great piece in the onion last year:
Beaver Overthinking Dam
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/47469

Last week maple syrup, this week beavers...
next week, spawning salmon?? back bacon?? :o)

11:47 PM  
Blogger whyioughtta said...

N4N: That's me...a walking Canadian stereotype, eh... ;^)

2:16 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Manuel said...

I like ducks

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home